SC Mature
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SC Mature

SC's Off-Site Controversial Topic Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

So glad it's not just me! :D

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Plushie
Wins at Forum Posting.
Wins at Forum Posting.
Plushie

Number of posts : 371
Where ya from? : New Zealand, but living in Australia
Who are you on SC? : Plushie
Registration date : 2006-07-27

So glad it's not just me! :D Empty
PostSubject: So glad it's not just me! :D   So glad it's not just me! :D EmptyWed 15 Jun - 4:36

For years 'n years, i've probably been posting on SC about how horrible my family life is/was. You probably all thought I was a neurotic, lying idiot about it.... but I was talking to my "carer" from Montrose who comes 'n helps me once a week at my own home with stuff. We were sitting down to lunch before we went and did my groceries and we talked about how stressful life was when I was at home, and how unhelpful my parents were.

I always felt like people wouldn't believe all the awful things I say about my family, as if it's all in my head... HOWEVER... today when I was talking to my "carer", she said to me "I hope you don't take offense, but there's been times when i've spoken to your Mum with Lyndal (who is another lady who works for Montrose), and there are times when i've spoken to her by myself. On the phone, she appears to be a very nice lady, but in person... she appears to be lying quite a lot, and doesn't seem to want to help you at all, even though she says she does".

I was like "OMG! I'm so happy you said that. I'm so glad you noticed that"... because my Mother does actually appear to change her manneurisms, voice and overreact about things... and make things out to be worse than they actually are. She always appears completely uncomfortable... and yeah, it's obvious Mum doesn't act like herself when she's talking about me, and the help I need. She always tries to turn the conversation around to be about her, and how she's so unwell, and can't help me out because of it. My parents have said things in the past about not helping me "because I have organisations that can help me instead" (though they help my sister at the drop of a hat without arguement). They wouldn't even help me with homework as a teenager, simply because someone was "hired to do it" (which was rubbish). They were hired to help out with personal care.

My whole family likes to "put on an act" in front of everyone. Everyone except me. I don't like to "fake happiness". I'm just so glad that i'm not the only one who notices it.

Sorry, just had to get that off my chest. I'm so happy lol.
Back to top Go down
http://speeedyslife.spaces.msn.com/

So glad it's not just me! :D
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SC Mature :: RAVES!-
Jump to: